For most people, their wedding day or the birth of their children might count as the greatest days of their life. I'm sure that these days for Rob have been super important, but nothing quite compares to the July 26, 2011, a day that for Rob, will go down in history. He should be the one writing this post, since I'm sure I won't be able to do it justice, but needless to say it was a great day fishing.
For as long as I've known Rob, he has had a few "dream fish" that he has been dying to catch. One of these fish happens to be a white sea bass. I guess it's because they're hard to catch and usually pretty big, so I can understand why it would be exciting. So Rob was beside himself when he caught not 1, but 3 huge white sea bass. I'm not sure if these pictures really do them justice because when I saw them in real life I was shocked at how big they were. They were each about 3 feet long and weighed well over twenty pounds a piece.
He told me that when he reeled his first one up he actually did a little happy dance for himself, right there in the middle of the ocean on his boat. We were so happy for him! I now have a freezer full of super tasty fish. Yum!! Now he just need to catch some yellow fin tuna and a giant halibut and he will be all set.
A fantastic self portrait of Rob cooking his gourmet dinner on the boat. Nothing quite like catching your dinner.

0 comments:
Post a Comment