I realize that these posts are slightly out of order, but oh well. After our parade we moseyed over to the park across the street for a fun carnival. We stared out with this giant blow up slide thing. It was huge, but Sophie, Mason, and Charlie were up for the challenge.
Mason and Sophie swore that they had lots of fun on the slide. Can't you tell by the look of terror/glee on their faces. We were dying laughing. They both wanted to go on it again, so I guess they really did have fun.
Little Charlie sat at the top for a while, but they finally decided that a tummy descent would be the best plan of action. What a brave guy!!
After the slide we went to the turtle races. There were huge wood turtles that were attached to these ropes and you had to pull them along. I guess this is what pioneers did for fun. Sophie and I lost to James and Mason. Dang!
After the turtle race, we headed over to where the local fire trucks were spraying water onto the field. James took Charlie and Scarlett for a run through the water, they were not impressed.
Mason and Sophie on the other hand thought it was great and kept on going back for more. By the time we left, James and the kids were soaked.

0 comments:
Post a Comment