Saturday, July 19, 2008

Picking Blueberries

So today Sophie and I went to one of our favorite places in Somis called Underwood Family Farms. We go there quite often to feed the goats and sheep that they have. Since we normally buy produce there also I thought it would be fun for us to pick blueberries. You can save a ton of money if you do it yourself and I was up to the challenge. Unfortunately, Sophie was not. As you can see from this first picture she was fairly miserable from the get go. I tried to get her enthused, but to no avail.
Here she is walking over this tiny little mound of dirt to come help me.
Here she is after she fell down the other side of the little mound of dirt. I'm sure it was terrible that I took a picture, but it was kind of funny because she was being extremely melodramatic about the whole situation.
And finally, here she is after she got up, face full of dirt and all. Poor girl. Needless to say, I will probably just pay the $3.49 per ounce for blueberries instead of the $3.49 a pound that you pay when you pick your own because after about 15 minutes, all I got was about 35 berries. I have a whole new respect for blueberry pickers. What a job. They are worth every penny.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to take pictures of my kids while they are upset. Sometimes it's just funny. Your blog is so cute! I love all the little Sophie pictures. Where is that picture of you with the double chin?