So my brother James married this groovy gal named Malinda. When we met her our whole family was instantly smitten with her. She is smart, super funny, spiritual and also dang cute. So if that's wasn't enough, she is also very talented. This girl can paint, sculpt, do lots of other artsy things that us normal folks only dream about. The other day I got a package in the mail from James and Malinda's house and I was excited to see what it was. I was not expecting anything and when I opened it I found the cutest little paper mache (is that how spell it?)likeness of Sophie in her lamb costume. How cute is that!! I'm always amazed at the things that I've seen Malinda make, but I a super impressed by paper mache. I don't know about any of you, but I remember doing paper mache as a kid in school. I think we would soak ripped up newspaper in starch and then put those soaked pieces onto a balloon. I'm pretty sure that's what we were doing. Well needless to say, my paper mache never turned out looking like anything, much less as cute as this little mini-Sophie. Thanks so much Malinda!! We love it.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So cute! If I could only take a little smig of talent from her I'd be so happy! I'm glad James married some artistic talent into the family!.
Audrey, I love your blog because you write exactly how you talk. You are hilarious and I think you're one groovy gal (to borrow a phrase from you)! :)
Cynthia
You guys are way too nice. Thanks for being so supportive of my dorky obsession. :)
Post a Comment