Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The San Diego Zoo

So we thought it would be fun to take Sophie to the zoo. I must admit, it was a bit of a bust. First of all, it was a million dollars to get in. Just to walk in the door was $100. Doesn't that seem like a lot, or am I just cheap? Anyways, it ended up averaging about $50 and hour, since we were only there for 2 hours. Scarlett was being a bit of a fussy gal, and by the time we waited an hour in line for the bus tour, we were done. DONE. I was bummed since we didn't get to see very many animals, but we got back to the motel where the girls each took a much needed 3 hour nap. They woke up and were back to their normal, chipper selves. I love naps.

We did get to see all gorillas, orangutans, and lots of different types of monkeys. That was fun. Here is Sophie's hand in comparison to an ape. She was amazed at how big it was.

This peacock was just walking down the middle of the road. Isn't it pretty!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Angela said...

I am the tightest person in the world, so maybe I'm not the best person to answer your question, but $100 for the zoo is A LOT. At least you got some great pictures out of it. There's evidence for the girls that you made the effort.