Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bunk Beds and Bar Soap

So Rob, the girls, and I are in San Diego right now for a couple of days. The Fred Hall Fishing Show is in town and Rob wanted to go, so we used it as an excuse for a mini vacation. Lucky for us we had 25,000 points on a credit card we use which enabled us to get a free 3 night stay at a hotel. Now what type of hotel does 25,000 points get you? Keep in mind that we've spent $25,000 to get these free nights. Well, 25,000 points gets you 3 free nights at a $79 a night motel. I'm not quite sure how the math works on that, but hey, I'll take free anything. Sophie couldn't be any happier with our current accommodations. Not only do she and Scarlett have their own room, it comes complete with a bunk bed. She is in hog heaven sleeping on the top bunk. But the best part for her is the super "fancy" soap in the bathroom. For some reason she absolutely loves bar soap and since I don't buy it at home, she is just thrilled that our hotel comes complete with such luxuries. I love that she is so easy to please. Hopefully she'll stay that way!! On a side note, we've had this credit card for a million years, and it's taken forever to get that many points built up. I promise, we aren't big spenders!!

0 comments: