Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday James

While everyone was in town we were able to celebrate James' 27th birthday. I can't believe that my little brother is getting so old!! Just kidding, James. We had quite a feast for dinner which consisted of homemade salsa, guacamole, Chile Verde, and shredded beef tacos. Thanks to Conni for doing all of the hard work, all I made was the salsa and guacamole. We finished off with James' favorite dessert, strawberry shortcake. I think it's safe to say that we all gained about 5 pounds that night.
Here is a shot of the handsome birthday boy.
Before dessert, we had lots of fun with the pinata that Malinda made. It was shaped like a cow, and was filled with lots of candy. You can't tell by this picture, but it was darn cute. Malinda is so dang talented, we are all jealous.
The kids had a great time hitting the pinata. They all took turns hitting it, and I think it was Logan that dealt it it's final blow. The next day all Sophie could talk about was how she hit the cow with a stick and then candy came out. I think she thinks that all cows have candy inside them!! We had such a great time with everyone and can't wait for our family camping trip this summer!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Angela said...

That dinner sounds so delicious! Happy birthday to James.