Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Eve

Rob had to work this year on Christmas eve, so Sophie and I were able to visit him at the fire station. We had such a great time. Rob was in charge of dinner that night, so he organized a tasty pot luck meal that included a gourmet ham dinner with all the fixings. Everyone there ate until they couldn't eat anymore. I totally forgot my camera which was so irritating since I could have taken so many great pictures. Rob works with a great crew of men, and their families were all very nice. We took a grand tour of the station, and Rob was able to take us for a ride in the fire engine. That was my first time riding in one and it was lots of fun. Sophie loved it. Rob put the headphones on her and they were talking to each other with them. Sophie thought that was pretty neat. Normally we go to Rob's parent's house for their huge Christmas Eve celebration, but this year I missed it because I was feeling yucky. I'm bummed we didn't get to go because Christmas Eve at the Martin house is so much fun. Oh well, we'll be their next year!!

0 comments: