Sunday, January 4, 2009

50 Long Days

The last 50 days of our family's life has been unexpected to say the least. It started out great, with Rob passing his engineer exam and us finding out that I was pregnant. Things got even better when we found out that my parents were moving back to California. We went to Provo for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. Things were going well, but that was about to change. We got home from Utah to find out that things weren't going all that well with the house we were trying to buy. Then we found out that it fell out of escrow and we were going to be losing our $5000 deposit due to our incompetent lender and realtor. Then we found out that our landlord got a new tenant for our house and we had to move out by the end of the week. Luckily Rob's parents were nice enough to let us move in with them temporarily until we could find a place to live. We left our rental home in excellent condition, and about a week later we received a letter from our landlord explaining why he was screwing us out of our full security deposit. This was the first time in our renting lives that we didn't get our full security deposit back, and we've rented 5 previous houses. That couldn't have come at a worse time. We thoroughly enjoyed spending Christmas with all of our families. I was excited about my doctor appointment which was 2 days ago because we were going to have an ultrasound to see the baby's heartbeat. I had suddenly started feeling better which was great and I just assumed it was because I nearing the end of my first trimester. Sadly when the doctor did the ultrasound, we found that the little baby had no heartbeat. To say that Rob and I were shocked would be a giant understatement. I definitely did not expect a miscarriage, but like most of the things that have happened to us over the last little while, things just don't always go according to our plans. I spent the whole day crying which I found surprising. I couldn't believe how upset I was, and I must admit I am still really sad about the whole situation. Rob and my dad gave me a wonderful blessing that really comforted me. I so appreciate worthy men in my life that honor their priesthood. I also appreciate a Heavenly Father who loves me and comforts me when things don't go exactly how I want them to go. I look forward to this new year and hope that things will look up for us, although through all of this junk that has happened, there are still lots of things to be grateful for.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

I've been thinking about you all day. Don't have anything profound to say, just that I adore you and hope things start looking up soon.

Angela said...

Oh Audrey, I'm so sorry! It made my heart hurt to read what you've been going through. You are in my thoughts and prayers my dear friend.

Julie said...

I am so sorry Audrey. I remember hearing about women having miscarriages, and I didn't understand how they could be so upset. Just get pregnant again right? Well, after my first one I was completely humbled and realized how devastating it can be. Three healthy children, and three miscarriages later, I feel very blessed. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm so sorry about the housing problems too. I hope you fight for what's right. Now that all the stinky things have happened the great things are coming next.

Lori said...

I'm so sorry Audrey! I don't know what to say, but I hope that things look brighter for you in the new year. Take care of yourself.