Sunday, September 14, 2008
The Greatest Dinner Ever!!
So yesterday I didn't make it to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for Sunday nights dinner. Today when it was time to eat I was rather impressed with myself when I was able to come up with a menu with food I had on hand. It consisted of a chicken with rice and veggie casserole and a Caesar salad complete with freshly grated Parmesan and croutons. Since I am out of chicken breasts I used little chicken tenders instead. As I put them in the pan to cook I only added four which I thought looked like enough. I then lovingly and carefully prepared my Caesar salad imagining the oohs and ahhs I was about to receive from my handsome husband for not only all my hard work, but my creative cooking. When the buzzer buzzed signaling it was time to eat I eagerly went inside to dish up my fabulous meal. It was then that I realized that my chicken tenders were extremely small, and four would definitely not be enough. That's okay I told myself, we'll just fill up on this super tasty salad I prepared. As we sat down to eat the conversation didn't go as I had imagined. It went a little something like this. "Wow babe, this is all you made." To which I replied, "Yes, but don't worry, I made this super tasty salad." As Rob took the first bite of my gourmet dinner he commented, "Have you ever heard of seasoning? This chicken is so bland, and the rice is crunchy." By this time I had taken a bite of my salad and realized at once that I hadn't tossed it with the Caesar dressing that I thought I had, but had mistakenly used coleslaw dressing. OOPS!! When I revealed this latest mistake to Rob we both started laughing. "What a great dinner!!" Rob said. He then went on to inform me that if he would of cooked this at the fire station he would have been thrown out. Oh well!! I guess you can't win them all. Sophie and I ended up eating cereal for dinner and Rob was a trooper and gagged down my bland chicken and super crunchy rice with vegetable dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is a crack up! Sounds a lot like the super great dinner I made once with 3/4 cup of mustard. What the heck was I thinking making anything with that amount of mustard?? It's the first and only time I've seen Chris almost throw-up his first bite of dinner. You're right, you can't win them all!
What a funny story. It sounds like Rob knows how to cook, so next Sunday should be his turn :)
Post a Comment