So James and Malinda always talk about how they kayak down the Provo River, and I was dying to try. James was nice enough to take me on my maiden voyage down the river on the day before I left. Unfortunately we forgot our camera so we decided to go back that night and do it again. What a blast. Earlier in the day when it was just James and I, I totally crashed and fell out of the kayak and got it stuck under a bridge. James was nice enougth to rescue it and the rest of the trip was a success.
Our trip in the evening was tons of fun too. This time it was my mom and I in the kayaks and Malinda in a tube. She is definitley a tought broad, because the water was darn chilly in the evening.So why all the blurry pictures you ask? Is it because of the lightening speed with which we kayak? Or even more exciting, is the current of the river so fast that the camera can't keep up with us? Not so much. It's called we had the camera on the wrong setting. Oh well.
A couple of group shots before we left. Notice how Sophie looks kind of sad. She screamed and cried for James the whole time we were on the river. What a guy for putting up with her . Thanks James!! I forgot to mention that as we floated down the river we were able to see 6 beavers. It was so neat. I had never before seen one in real life. It was like watching the nature channel!!


4 comments:
I love all the pictures you posted! I took hardly ANY! Rats. Oh well, I'll copy and paste. It was so fun having you come out. And I'm so glad that I found a fellow beaver lover!
I had fun looking at all the pictures of your family together in the great outdoors. What a great looking family.
Wow Audrey, it looks like you guys had a great time! It's good to put a face to all those names.
Great pic's. Love the fast action shots. I know it's hard to catch photos at the speed those kayacks go! Wish I could have joined you...the beavers sound like fun!
Post a Comment