Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Visit from Dad's Family


When dad's family found out that grandpa wasn't doing so well, they decided to come up and visit him. Since I am the only remaining Sieg in the area, I was able to play hostess for them. I was a tad bit nervous since I hadn't seen my Aunt Fran, Uncle's Randy and Don, or my cousins Corey and Kayla for 15 or so years. Much to my surprise, I had a fun time seeing them. It was nice to get updated on their busy lives, and it was also fun to hear stories about them growing up with my dad. They dropped by for a visit on Easter Sunday after visiting grandpa and we chatted for a bit longer before I sent them on their way with a batch of Rice Krispies treats for the road. The best part of them coming out was that they were able to say goodbye to grandpa, he passed away shortly after their visit on Easter.



0 comments: