Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Mouse in the House

 A couple of months ago Stella was spending lots of time in the garage staring at our shelves.  We figured she was hunting something but never saw what it was.  Well all of her hunting paid off when she caught a mouse, then brought the darn thing inside.  Sophie came running out to tell us, and the hunt was on. 
 As you can see, it was an elusive little bugger, and it took the whole families help to catch it.  After trapping it under the coffee table with 10 pillows, it escaped to under the couch.  Then it went behind the kids play kitchen.  Then it went behind the couch again, which also has a ton of picture frames behind it that my parents are storing until their house is built.  After flipping the couch over and realizing how much I needed to vacuum under there, Rob and I were able to catch it.  I swear it took us like 20 minutes to catch it.  Tempers were flaring by the time we were done, and somehow I was blamed for my lack of speed in catching it.  Hello Robert, I'm the one who finally caught him!!  I must say, he was a fast little guy.
There he is.  So dang cute, but not something I want in my house.  We took our little friend up the road and let him go.  Hopefully he will live a long and prosperous life far, far from us.

0 comments: