Well here it is, my first attempt at a vegetable garden. I've had numerous successful flower gardens in the past, but this is my first time trying to grow food. Sophie and I planted 2 tomato plants, 2 bell pepper plants, 3 zucchini plants, cilantro, oregano, and basil. It wasn't until after I was done planting that I realized how I planted everything close together like I do in a flower garden. I guess veggie plants need more room to spread out. Oops!! Hopefully my little plants won't mind and will still produce some tasty veggies!!
As you can see, Sophie was my faithful companion throughout the planting process. In the time that it took us to weed, water, and plant in our garden area, Sophie went through 3 outfits. Finally when she got dress number three dirty I decided to let her run around in her little bloomers. She was really feeling at one with nature as she rubbed dirt all over her tummy. Who knows, maybe is has some secret exfoliating benefits that I don't know about!!Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I'm impressed! I can't wait to plant a garden...not much grows here from what people tell me. That or I've never really tried, I'm not totally sure?? ;) I want some fresh herbs in my dinner the next time I visit!
Post a Comment