Monday, November 8, 2010

1 Year Old

I can't believe my baby is already a year old. I guess time flies when you're having fun. Scarlett decided to impress us on her birthday by officially starting to crawl. Most babies are walking by the time their 1, but Scarlett has decided to take her time. Why rush things, when getting around on your tummy works so well! Scarlett is definitely a happy girl. She is great at entertaining herself, she absolutely adores her big sister, and any shoe she can find around the house is her favorite toy. In fact, last Sunday I brought a sandal of Sophie's for her to play with during church and she was as happy as a clam.

Here are my two favorite girls. Poor Sophie was feeling sick, but she was still happy to help Scarlett open her presents. What a gal!

Scarlett made out like a bandit this year with tons of clothes from Rob's parents, and this handy riding toy and some diapers from my parents.

What would a first birthday party be without some cake. We tried some red velvet cake this time, and it was darn tasty. Scarlett definitely enjoyed it, and she headed straight to the bath when she was done. Did you know that red velvet cake crumbs turn bath water red? Neither did I. Happy birthday Scarlett, we love you a whole bunch.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy birthday Scarlett! Noah isn't even close to walking and he's 14 months now. There's no hurry right?

Angela said...

She is such a beautiful little girl. Happy Birthday little Scarlett! I can't believe she's already 1.