Sunday, August 8, 2010

Too Soon??

So when is it too soon to start planning for Halloween? Well, my sister-in-law Malinda and I think that it's never too soon. When I went to visit my brothers in Utah last month, Malinda was nice enough to help me sew the girl's costumes.

This absolutely adorable pumpkin costume is one that Malinda designed herself. She even sells them on her Esty website (if I was more computer savvy I'd have a link to it here, but I'm not). I love this costume so much, and so does Scarlett. She likes all the puffiness and seems to have fun wearing it.

This year Sophie was dying to be a princess for Halloween. I think princesses are great and all, but a tad bit boring. I was racking my brain trying to think of a costume that would top last years, when I realized that it was way too cute and it can't be topped. So, Malinda and I found the pattern for Little Red Riding Hood and thought this was pretty dang good, so here she is in all her Little Red Riding Hood glory.

Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to finish the whole thing before we went home, so I had to task of finishing the dress myself. Wow it was hard, but I did it!!! If you look at the cape and little bloomers that Malinda helped me with, they are sewed almost perfectly. The dress which I did mostly by myself, not so perfect. In fact, I'm thrilled that she is wearing a cape since the back of the dress is a tad bit uneven.

This will probably be the last year that I can have Sophie dress up in what I want her to. She keeps asking to be a princess or a ballerina, but I told her that girls dressed up like Little Red Riding Hood will probably get the most candy and this years trunk or treat. I know it's terrible to lie to her, but doesn't she look cute. Besides, if I can barely sew this little frock, there's no way I'll ever be able to sew a princess costume!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

You did SUCH a great job!!! I am so impressed! I just wish I were there to watch you sew in the zipper in all of your glory. :) I had a ball with you guys visiting and I am so glad that I have a kindred spirit in the Halloween department.