The other day Rob had the brilliant idea to drive up the coast and visit the Santa Barbara Zoo. We haven't been there for a long time and Sophie was thrilled. It was a nice day and we had lots of fun.
Rob and I were waiting for the snake to speak to us and for the glass to magically disappear, but no such luck!!
Sophie was being such a stinker and would not smile for the camera.

I usually never take pictures of the animals that we see, but I really love giraffes.


The highlight of our trip was seeing these 2 huge gorillas. Usually when we've been here in the past they don't do anything all that exciting, but today we lucked out. The were running all over the place and wrestling and playing. Every once in while one would stop to watch us as we watched them. It was really interesting because they seemed to be making eye contact with you. We watched these guys for probably 20 minutes and it was pretty amazing.

Sophie could not figure out why this baby elephant didn't want to share any of her goldfish crackers. She tried and tried to feed him, but finally gave up.
This had to be the biggest daffodil that I've seen in a while and Sophie was thrilled when she saw it.

Sophie took this fabulous picture of me. I look tired and rather large, but notice my super stylish sweater. Where does one acquire something so beautiful? I'll share my secret with you. A few months ago Rob and I went on a date to Ventura and realized that we brought no sweaters for ourselves and it was freezing, so we hit up a thrift store on Main St. where I got this little beauty for $1.25 and Rob got a really nice Gap jacket for $2.00. Not too shabby.
I usually never take pictures of the animals that we see, but I really love giraffes.
The highlight of our trip was seeing these 2 huge gorillas. Usually when we've been here in the past they don't do anything all that exciting, but today we lucked out. The were running all over the place and wrestling and playing. Every once in while one would stop to watch us as we watched them. It was really interesting because they seemed to be making eye contact with you. We watched these guys for probably 20 minutes and it was pretty amazing.
Sophie could not figure out why this baby elephant didn't want to share any of her goldfish crackers. She tried and tried to feed him, but finally gave up.
This had to be the biggest daffodil that I've seen in a while and Sophie was thrilled when she saw it.
Sophie took this fabulous picture of me. I look tired and rather large, but notice my super stylish sweater. Where does one acquire something so beautiful? I'll share my secret with you. A few months ago Rob and I went on a date to Ventura and realized that we brought no sweaters for ourselves and it was freezing, so we hit up a thrift store on Main St. where I got this little beauty for $1.25 and Rob got a really nice Gap jacket for $2.00. Not too shabby.


0 comments:
Post a Comment