I know this seems like a strange picture to post, but if you look very closely, you can see that the giraffe in the background has a totally crooked neck. Isn't that bizarre. The zoo worker was telling us that she was born with a vertebrae that was misaligned and now her neck is bent. She also said that the giraffe isn't in any pain, but it does take her a little bit longer to swallow. Interesting, don't you think?
We got to feed the giraffes which was so neat. We are standing about 2 feet away from the giraffe and we were supposed to hold the little biscuit in our fingers and the giraffe would stick out his tongue to get it. Did you know that a giraffe's tongue is 13 inches long. WOW!! It is also really rough, kind of like a cat's tongue. I let Sophie feed the giraffe also, and as you can see, she totally freaked out. Not a big fan of the giraffes.
1 comments:
Ahhhh, the zoo, the pier, the coast, Santa Barbara, yummy food.....I'm getting jealous!
Post a Comment