Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tanner is Two!

This boy is 2 years old!  I can't believe that my baby is so old.  I think time flies faster when it's your last kid.  He was so excited about his presents and balloons.  Here he is showing off his new bike that he got from Grandma and Grandpa.  It's a tad bit too big for him, and he and Scarlett love to fight over it.  Lots of fun!

The girls were more than happy to help Tanner open his presents.  Aren't they such good sisters.


Since Rob was working quite a bit before his birthday, I did all of the present shopping.  As a result he got a wheelbarrow, garden tools, and some work gloves (all things I know he'd love).  As he was opening his presents Rob commented how this seemed to be a work themed birthday and told Tanner, "Welcome to the rest of your life with mom, buddy."  He thought he was so funny.  I promise, Tanner loved his gifts.

I can't say enough how much we love this little guy, and how much joy he brings to our family.  He is always cheerful and super helpful.  He loves, loves, loves his cars and is never without at least one or two in his hands.  He is a super chatty guy and has mastered lots of words.  Lately he's super fond of why, no mommy, and no daddy.  He loves his ha-hoe (backhoe), the color blue (every color to him is blue), and he loves to read his tractor books.  He likes to work outside and often "helps" me in the garden by yanking my flowers out of the ground.  He love his big sisters Fwo-fee (Sophie) and Scarlett ( for her name he just grunts).  He also loves our dogs Abby, Cocko (Copper) and Libby (Lydia).  I'm going to be so sad when he starts to properly pronounce words!

The highlight of the whole day for Tanner was the two cars on his birthday cake.  Next time I know not to buy him any gifts, as long as the cars on his cake are cool.  Happy birthday little guy, we love you so much!

0 comments: