Sunday, May 18, 2008

Let's go fly a Kite

I just saw Mary Poppins on TV the other day and one of my favorite parts of the movie is at the end when the kids go fly a kite with their dad. Today Sophie and her dad had their first kite flying adventure, and it was a success!! We braved the 95 degree weather and headed over to the park to try out our new kite. Sophie was rather impressed with her dad's skills as a kite flyer and she even took control for a little while herself. As I took all of these action shots I sang a little song in my head,"Let's go fly a kite, up to the highest height. Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring!!" Come on everybody sing along!

Abby had a grand time running around the park like a crazy woman. She is such a funny little dog. Here are a few of her action shots. By the time we were done she was sooo pooped out.
A few more pictures of Sophie with her dad. And there is our fabulous kite way way up there. Pretty impressive don't you think?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Conni said...

Good times, Good memories. I love Mary Poppins! Claire is looking at these pic's with me. She's rocking out to "The Beach in Hawaii" and asked me if she can live at your house. She wanted to know if she could bring her bunk-beds. Make room Sophie!

Carol said...

hey guys, I love flying kites, but I can't get them to stay up. Good job!!! I can hardly wait to see you all.