Saturday, June 8, 2013

Hippie Day

This year at Sophie's school they had hippie day.  I was super excited since I fancy myself a flower child, even though Rob informs me that I am way too big of a square to have ever been a good hippie.  He may be right, but that doesn't mean that I can't live vicariously through my children.  I had all these grandiose plans to go shopping at different thrift stores to find the perfect outfit, but when it came down to it, I procrastinated until the night before and made do with what I had.
 I whipped up these super groovy bell bottoms with some fabric I had on hand and a pair of jeans that Sophie had in the closet.  Lucky for us we had recently tie dyed a few shirts for her, so she was able to wear one, and this groovy vest I just added a peace sign I cut out of a pair of shorts she had and made my own "make love, not war" sign.  All in all it was a success.  She is the cutest darn hippie I've ever seen!

0 comments: