Wednesday, October 19, 2011

2 Out of 3

Every year for the past 3 years, my parents, the girls, and I have made a trip out to Utah to visit James and his family. It's become a tradition that while we are there, my super fantastic sister in law Malinda, and I make our kids Halloween costumes. I so enjoy spending time with her, and it's such a bonus that she is so dang talented and helps me out so much. This year was no different, and she and I worked our fingers to the bone sewing the kids costumes. Sophie wanted to be a princess this year which I think is so boring. Princesses have been done to death, so when I saw the costume Glenda the Good Witch of the North, I decided it was princessy (is that a word?) enough, and Sophie loved it. Never again will I make a costume out of taffeta and tulle. What a giant pain in the butt! Now that it's all done and Sophie loves how fancy she looks, it was all worth it. Not really, but at least it's done!


I had the idea to have Tanner be the Very Hungry Caterpillar, but since there were no patterns for it that I could find, Malinda saved the day and made up a pattern for me. I'm telling you, she is amazing. Without her none of my costumes would work, she is amazing. This costume I absolutely love. I'm not sure what Tanner thinks, since it's a bit like a straight jacket, but as I pointed out to Rob, it's a really cute straight jacket!


The reason there are no pictures of Scarlett in her costume is because so far, she hates putting it on. I'm hoping that on Halloween I can bribe her with candy so that she'll wear it. After all, isn't Halloween all about me being able to parade my children around in the costumes that I so lovingly toiled over? I think so!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

Thank you SO much for posting these great pictures! They are so adorable in them! Sophie's looks amazing with the wand and hat that you made! I am so impressed! And Tanner, I am so glad that it fits him!!!!! I can't wait to hold that guy.