Thursday, June 3, 2010

Our Squirrel Family

Every morning I'm lucky enough to get a visit from a little family of squirrels. They come around the time I have breakfast and usually stay for quite a while picking up all the bird seed that the birds have dropped. It's so fun to watch them play and frolic.

The other morning Stella our cat was in her usual spot under the bird feeders stalking the poor unsuspecting birds, when the littlest squirrel came to eat and just sat there about 3 inches from Stella. I was afraid Stella would attack it, but she didn't. They just sat there and enjoyed the lovely morning together.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Layton family said...

We have a little 3 member squirrel family that lives in the planters outside my bedroom window. They are loud sometimes to starting pretty early! One time they were attempting to enlarge their family if you know what i mean??!! I had to tell Jane they were wrestling. I enjoyed you tonight you sweet funny girl!

Angela said...

Squirrels, mice, birds, cats, dogs, even talk of rats...you guys are surrounded. Not my cup of tea, but I'm happy for you if you're happy.